@MinEnergia seeks the promotion of renewable energy
At the last energy auction in Colombia, the Ministry of Energy s been seeking the promotion of renewable energy through the obligation to sign contracts for all marketers.
Against all market principles, surely against the free market principles of @OCDE, the Colombian government will force all energy distributors to buy 10% of their renewable energy consumption in long-term contracts. This will be the missing leg of the long-term auction for unconventional renewable energy. The final effect will be that it will end up paying by all residential users, which in addition to the multiple fees and charges that the regulation already requires.
We are not against meeting emission reduction targets, but the mechanism is not the most appropriate.
As stated in the comments to the long-term renewable energy sales contract, banks and generators are given all the guarantees for projects to develop, almost without any risk. While the rest of the entrepreneurs have to do business assuming not one, but many risks. In the case of guajira wind projects, the transmission line was mainly built.
#energiasrenovables, #energia, www.efinetico.org
Sun, wind and water are the three elements that come to mind when we discuss the issue of renewable energy. However, the term is much broader and encompasses much more. What we are clear about is that they are the most sustainable alternative to those from fossil sources, such as coal and oil and its derivatives.
What are renewable energy?
To begin with, let’s define what renewable energy is. They are those sources of energy based on the use of natural resources: the sun, wind, water or plant or animal biomass. They are characterized by not using fossil fuels, but natural resources capable of being renewed unlimitedly.
One of its strengths is that they have a very low environmental impact, because in addition to not using finite resources, they do not generate pollutants.
Renewable energy is known as alternative energies or green energy.
Characteristics and types of renewable energy
Let’s list them:
Help boost self-consumption
The use of renewable energy contributes to making homes much more self-sufficient in their electricity consumption. In the not too distant future, all buildings built must have their own solar panels, biomass boilers or charging points for the electric car in their community garage; electric
Forms of renewable energy forecasting
Some of the renewable energy promotion mechanisms that the Colombian government has adopted are:
- auction mechanisms for long- and medium-term energy sales contracts
- Create flexibility to the firmness of contracts according to the hours of operation of the different renewable energy generation systems.
- Review and reallocation of risks of these contracts, to assign risks to those who can best manage it. in this way, the possibility of financial closures of the projects increased. that is, it made them bankable.
- I clarify the reliability charge revenue that renewable power generation projects can receive.
- Approval of national transmission system connection lines to regions with high potential for the development of renewable energy generation projects.
- Streamline environmental and social licensing and permit procedures.
This post is also available in: Español (Spanish)